Thursday, March 3, 2011

Reception Hall Advice and more

Looking for a way to save on a reception hall?  Look for people in your family who have memberships to lodges or other organizations.  The hall I have rented is originally 700 down and 200 back if it's clean.  Since my grandma retired from the organization that owns it, it went down to 400 down with 125 back if it's clean. That's over 200 dollars I am able to spend on something else.
One of my biggest priorities was my dress so it was one of my larger expenses.  What surprised me, though, was the accessories.  Buying the accessories at the bridal store is expensive.  There was a tiara I liked, but it was $150.  My advice on this is to buy the dress you want and then shop around for the accessories.  You might ask friends and family who have been married recently if they have any of their accessories, such as their veil.  By doing this, you'll still get something great without spending a fortune.
Overall, make sure you recognize your priorities at the beginning of your wedding planning.  Then, if you have to make sacrifices based on cost, you cut down on the things you don't care as much about and you still get the things that matter the most.  This concept has been essential in cutting costs without going insane during my wedding planning. 

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting post on wedding! Looking forward to seek more fantastic posts on wedding! wedding banquet venues

    ReplyDelete